How to experience the races
The aim for the 2017 UCI Road World Championships is that it will be accessible to everyone. You can enjoy the races free of charge, and see the cyclists at the start, along the course and at finish line. If you prefer a unique experience, you can buy tickets to our hospitality areas.
Photo: Graham Watson/UCI
The stage for the 2017 UCI Road World Championships is the streets of Bergen and the surrounding region. The course is accessible to everyone. Some areas will be dedicated paying guests, and will be closed for the public, but the vasty majority of the course remains accessible to all.
Bergen and the surrounding region will present a spectacular course surrounded by fjords, mountains and beautiful scenery that is unique to Norway. The course will present riders with varied and unique challenges, and the races are guaranteed to provide action and excitement for audiences around the world.
Watch the race free of charge
- The centre of Bergen: Everyone will be able to experience the highlights close to the course. The medal ceremony takes place in the heart of the city at Torgallmenningen, with access for all. During Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday’s race days, the start area will be situated at Grieghallen in the centre of the city. The first two of these days, the finish line will be at Festplassen, in addition, the finish line for the Road Races will also be at Festplassen. These locations will provide optimal conditions for spectators as the entire city will be a large fan zone, and thus create a unique atmosphere. The course will showcase the rich history and culture of Bergen to the world, including the old royal hall “Haakonshallen”, UNESCO World Heritage site Bryggen and the famous Fish Market “Fisketorget”.
- Along the course: Spectators can find a spot along the course to watch the cyclists battling for position or fighting their way up hills like the Salmon Hill or Birkelundsbakken. Here you can see the respected commentator Kjell-Erik Kristiansen take you through the curcuit and comment on the highlights along the way.
- Fløyen: Wednesday will be historic when the Time Trial for the Men Elite will culminate at the spectacular summit of Mount Fløyen, whilst the start will be by Grieghallen down in the city centre. On top of Fløyen, there will be limited access for the public, so if you wish to experience this historical finish, be sure to arrive to early to secure your spot. Be aware that it may be crowded on the funicular tramway, so be prepared for queing. It’s also possible to watch the riders climb the steep hill along the course up to the summit of Fløyen. Areas such as Skansemyren and further up will be ideal for spectators to gain a unique view point of the final stages of the climb. Be aware that the road from Skansemyren will closed off for the course. Spectators will have to choose alternative routes to access the area. Read more
Buy tickets to get an unforgettable experience
Unlike many other major sporting events, there is a great opportunity to get close to the course and experience the exciting cycling action. Spectators can enjoy the races for free along the course, alternatively you can also choose to experience the races with access to more amenities by purchasing a ticket to a fan zone areas in the centre of Bergen to get the most out of the experience.
- Fan Zone Skolten: The main fan zone will be located at Skolten area, situated besite the course within the final kilometre of the finish line. At the fan zone you can purchase food and beverages, watch the race on one of several big TV-screens or enjoy live entertainment, together with the fans from all over the world. There will also be activities and entertainment at Skolten after the conclusion of the races.
- BT-Tribunen: For the ultimate race experience, we offer a limited number of tickets to the last corner of the course, only 250 meters from the finish line. Follow the race, the tickets also give you access to a hospitality area where food and drinks will be available for purchase.
- Bryggen Arena: During the championships a large tent will be placed on the waterfront at the famous landmark Bryggen. This will be primarily a VIP-area. All guests at Bryggen Arena will have superb view overlooking the course outside the tent, as well as guaranteed indoor seating in the heated tent where you can enjoy food and drinks, and follow all the action on large TV-screens.
- HSC Fjordcat: Fjordline’s catamaran the HSC Fjord Cat – a world record holder itself –will be docked at Festningskaien for the entire duration of the championship, providing exceptional elevated view of the cyclists zooming past Skolten and in towards Bryggen, here you will not be disappointed. Read more
- How to experience the race
- Traffic Information
- How to get here
- Official Mobile App
- Day by day
- Health Information