SUNDAY 24 SEPTEMBER
SUNDAY 24 SEPTEMBER
Øygarden, Fjell, Bergen sentrum
10:05 - 16:45
12:00 - 18:00
Kunstgarasjen, Møllendalsveien 15
13:00 - 13:30
17:05 (estimated) -
Lille Ole Bull scene
Highlight of the day
Men Elite Road Race
The final event – The Men Elite Road Race will start in Øygarden and Fjell with a “Tour de region” before the world’s best cyclists shall battle it out in the city of Bergen for the UCI Rainbow Jersey. Can Peter Sagan win his thrid consecutive UCI Road World Championships title? Read more
The UCI World Championship comes to an end at Torgallmenningen, just after the last medals have been awarded. We can guarantee funky rhythms and a memorable show.
After Race Event: VM-spezial
Talk show with Finn Tokvam and guests. Music and entertainment. Buy tickets!
Vi recommend that you walk, cycle or travel with boat or bus. Please see Skyss’ website for detailed information about public transportation and parking.
Advice of the 24th of September
Today the riders start together and it will be fairly easy to cross the road. The City will be crowded and a lot of people want to use public transportation. Please add some extra time when you plan your day and be patiant when travelling. Please follow the instructions given by the course marshals and avoid the most hectic areas.
- To cross the course during a race needs to be done with great care. Please respect the course marshals who are there for your own safety.
- You will find people with bibs surrounding the entire course and in the City center. These people are volunteers working for the 2017 UCI Road World Championships. Feel free to ask them questions, give them a hug or a high five.
- The marshals with green bibs know the City well and they can tell you were to find the best places for watching the race. The marshals are only there for you!
- If a place is overcrowded, we recommend that you turn around and find an alternative route to where you are heading. The marshals will be happy to give you guidance. Please respect the many narrow streets of Bergen.
- In the main park of the City, «Byparken», there will be a big screen showing the race. This will be a great place to gather and follow the race. This area has great capacity for large crowds.
- If you have a stroller, bike, cart, wheelchair or other things that will not fit on a narrow sidewalk when there are many people surrounding the course, you should avoid the most crowded areas. Ask the marshals for advice. There will be a separate area for wheelchair users in «Strandgaten».
Be especially aware of signs and guidance in these areas:
The Bergen bus station and the Railway Station: To avoid interfering with the buses and the light rail transporting people in and out of the City centre, you will not be allowed to cross light rail track or «Strømgaten». Instead, you will be guided through these main routes to use public transportation:
1) By Marken.
2) By the underground between «Lille Lundegårdsvann and «Bergen Storsenter».
The street of «Kong Oscars gate» is narrow with small sidewalks. During the last weekend, this street will be crowded, and it can be wise to avoid this area.
The traffic junction «Kong Oscars gate-Vetrlidsallmenningen». A nice place to watch the race but can be crowded.